Hi! WOMEN:girls, an NPO based in TTDI KL is hiring changemaking interns!
WOMEN:girls is a cause-driven, not-for-profit organisation (NPO) that was founded to help women realise their potential as role models and to develop children to become agents of change. WOMEN:girls started in 2011, first as an initiative under Kakiseni, and then is registered in 2013 under the official name Pertubuhan Pembangunan Kendiri Wanita dan Gadis (PPM-001-10-21072013) as an independent organisation. It is also a listed tax-exempted organisation in Malaysia. Among programmes under our wing are Ibu Nakhoda Hidup, Young Changemakers, and Ikal Mayang short film series.
If you have the following requirements and are keen in learning the ropes around managing and planning campaigns/events for communities, we want you!
- Studying any of the following fields; Arts/Media/Marketing/PR/Communications/ Social Work/Events Management/Gender studies or other related fields
- Have the desire to work with youths and communities
- Good English & Malay communication skills (written and oral)
- Social Media savvy
- Designing & Video Editing skill is a plus (Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, etc)
- Willing to put effort and contribute for good teamwork
- Open to travelling and working in other events when required
- Tough (but) warm souls
- Develop on-ground event and campaign management skills with different kinds of communities
- Build up creativity skills in project executions
- Get the chance to ‘berkhidmat untuk masyarakat’
- Chillax office environment & friendly officemates ; )
Come and join the fun while working towards building a better community! =)
Internship Duration: Depending on university/ college requirement
Monthly Allowance: RM 500