Piktochart’s marketing team is working on a new educational platform that will elevate our brand awareness efforts. To reach our lofty goals, we are adding a team of creative Marketing Interns to help us build and manage this new portal. We’re looking for self-driven and curious minds who love research, writing, and turning facts into stories.
If this sounds like you, read on!
As an ideal candidate, you enjoy searching the web for curious facts, trends, and news. Ideas come to you naturally and you’re good at distilling concepts into simple stories that can be easily understood and entertaining through visual storytelling. You have fun when writing copy and you’re good at it. You’re into social media and know how things work around different networks – you know what it takes to communicate effectively to an online audience. You will be given a chance to do real-world marketing and to make an impact by creating a tool that will help to educate others!
We need your help to:
- Come up with the editorial calendar for the platform and social media channels
- Conduct research on a daily basis – you’ll be in search for the latest news and trends, curious or uncommon facts, interesting statistics
- Analyze and get to the essence of facts/news/stats and prepare storyboards and design ideas for graphic designers
- Write copy for the visuals as well as descriptions for social media channels
- Manage the portal’s social media networks and help grow the following of the new channels from scratch
Your superpowers will include:
- Excellent (native or close to native) command in written English
- Knack for writing engaging and entertaining copy
- Up to date with the latest trending news and stories
- A visual eye and ability to visualize ordinary information into attractive stories
- Interest and knowledge in managing and growing social media channels (mostly Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
- Self-driven and proactive attitude to work with a multicultural and diverse team across different time zones
- Great dose of creativity and boldness to try out new ideas while having analytical mindset
- You’re a strong communicator and enjoy working in an autonomous environment where you’re expected to be in the driver’s seat at all times
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with Piktochart
- Based in Penang, Malaysia
Internship Duration: 3 - 6 months
Monthly Allowance: > RM500