Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
- To assist GTI Engineers in providing time critical support to system users within the business areas, ensuring maximum efficiency to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- Shift duties (24×7)
Day to Day Support :
- Daily system maintenance checks prior to the operation/business opening hours, with ongoing support during operational hours.
- Reports all unusual occurrences to the immediate superior.
- Responsible for creation and Maintains all system related work aid/manuals and guides.
- Hardware/software installations are undertaken in a planned and controlled manner and anomalies escalated to the Duty Manager/Site Lead in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all systems requirement are met for Ramp Plans / new Program or Business Migrations in coordination with the Business Migration team / Global Transition team and Clients.
- Ensure all users are able to access their workstation with required privileges for day-to-day operations.
- Provides timely support to users.
- Responsible for hardware and support to users according to the business requirement.
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner. This includes Relationship Management, Communications, Meetings, and floor walks. Working with them and prioritizing helpdesk ticket response and face to face follow-up with internal customers to drive Service Level Agreements.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software, to include desktops, laptops, copiers, faxes, scanners, telephones, bar-code scanners, thin clients and other technologies.
- Works hand in hand with the GTI Engineers for the required works that needs to be done on-site in accordance with the Scope of Work, client and program requests.
- Participates in emergency maintenance or Business Continuity/Disaster recovery as needed in the event of critical outages to ensure productivity impact is minimized; includes working onsite directly with the relevant teams (SMEs, Admin, Security, etc).
- Participates in Asset management. Ensure Assets are maintained and tracked accordingly by following the Standard Operating Procedures for such.
- Performs Housekeeping routines are being done all throughout the shift (Start of Day, End of Day, etc.) Ensuring operational integrity is maintained at all times
Education / Relevant Experience / Other Qualifications (e.g. Knowledge, Skills, Professional Qualifications required)
(For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role)
- Student from Computer Engineering/ Computer Science, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Student that are in their final year and this internship is their final project
- Ability to work well with others in pursuit of business aims.
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the business unit.
- Positive response to and recognition of the need for change.
- High standards of integrity and the ability to motivate self/others towards continuous performance improvement and personal development.
- Willing to work on different shifts
Internship Duration: 3-4months
Monthly Allowance: > RM500