The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
We have an opening in Sales, Logistics, Food & Beverage, Communication & Interior Design and Internal Communication & Marketing Department.
- No work experience required.
- Student from local Malaysian Institution.
- Preferably specialized in Food/Beverage/Restaurant Service or equivalent.
To ensure of possessing quality internship program, we are looking for candidates with appropriate knowledge and have passion for :
Customer in focus
• Ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care.
• A good ambassador in all contact with our customers and giving them a good reason to return again and again.
• See work area through the eyes of our customers and give out new ideas to the manager on how to continuously improve the meeting with our customers.
• Aware about the services offered in my store and use the knowledge to help customers.
• Contribute to an easy buying process that will make it easy and convenient for our customers to shop in the store at all times throughout the day.
• Work to ensure quality, freshness, efficiency and an appealing range presentation, for example by following set product sheets.
• Passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. Able to share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
• Support manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
• Always keep area of responsibility well maintained throughout the day and also prepare it in readiness for the next day’s business.
• Work to ensure that my area of responsibility is clean, tidy, organised, priced, attractive and inviting at all times.
• Always take part in the work related activities that are set with the manager.
Working as a team
• Always help and support colleagues when needed and share knowledge with them and encourage them to do the same.
• Value colleagues’ ways of working and learn from those who work differently to me.
• Always take an active role in the team.
• Be self informed to perform and learn effectively.
• Responsible for my own development and look to the manager to support.
• Comply with and follow internal rules, policies and daily operational routines regarding issues like quality, food safety and daily goals as agreed between employee and manager.
• Ensure that work operations are in line at all times with the agreed functional standards.
• Safety is a top priority and always take action to raise and discuss concerns with the manager as needed.
Internship Duration: Minimum 3 months
Monthly Allowance: Contact us for allowance enquiry