Internship Program for BASF (Malaysia)
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company and has been operating in Malaysia for more than 25 years and currently has more than 1,600 employees in the country. BASF (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd was incorporated in 1989 and it operates manufacturing plants in Bukit Jelutong (Shah Alam), Bukit Raja (Klang) in Selangor and Pasir Gudang in Johor, as well as an operation site in Kulim, Kedah.
Are you keen to show us your capabilities and demonstrate your expertise? If so, we would love to have you as an intern at BASF. We are always looking for talented, dedicated local and international students from a wide range of fields. At BASF, we offer an incredible amount of exciting projects and positions, for students to showcase their academic knowledge and soft skills. We are always open to new ideas and unconventional approaches to challenging issues.
Depending on the job profile, you will work either independently or as part of a team on a project. Your supervisor will be right by your side to answer any questions you may have, provide support and give you regular feedback on your work.
During the internship period, you will be exposed to these areas:
- Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities and market trends in the relevant industries in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Develop and build up market intelligence on the industry and customer development in Malaysia and Singapore.
- Specific activities would include, but not limited to, desktop research, company and/or industry experts interview, survey and/or on-site visit, and market and competitive analysis.
- Collaborates with staff and departments in preparing special projects.
- Special administrative tasks as they arise.
- Identify, build and manage long term relationships with strategic partners in pursuit of growth opportunities.
- Specific activities would include organizing and attending meetings with external parties to discuss strategic collaboration opportunities, handling external and internal communications and facilitate legal and licensing agreements with partners as needed.
- Process reports and paperwork.
- Support in performing various analytical special projects, including working with spreadsheet, presentation and/or database applications to create reports for department or office meetings.
• Candidate is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Econometrics, Business Statistics, Data Modelling, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Commerce or equivalent
• Good organizational and execution skills, with a strong focus on details
• Good team player who can also work independently
• Proficient in written and spoken English
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Willing to be work at either of the following location:
Menara TM, Bangsar (next to Kerinchi LRT station)
Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam
• Open to local and international students
Internship Duration: 3 months
Monthly Allowance: > RM500