Arus Academy is a multi-award winning social enterprise that empowers the creation of excellent and meaningful learning for all, especially children from B40 communities. We are looking for a capable and creative intern to help accelerate our reach and presence through social media platforms.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Creating still visuals for Arus Academy’s social media on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and Youtube using Canva.
- Create short videos using video footage, text or images for FB, IG, Youtube and TikTok.
- Support with video editing when needed: trimming videos, adding subtitles, music and effects.
- Write engaging captions for social media posts.
- Look for interesting trends of social media posts that can be adapted for our pages.
- Plan the social media calendar with the team to highlight the impact of Arus’ projects and our beliefs.
- Schedule and publish posts in a timely manner.
- Engage with followers on our social media.
- Support social media needs of other ongoing projects as needed.
- Work 5 days a week. Preference for remote working can be discussed, otherwise the candidate will be based in our KL Office.
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 3 months in this role.
- Loves telling others about something you care about.
- Familiar with using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram and TikTok.
- Proficient in Canva or Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient in any video editing software.
- Proficient in written English and Bahasa Melayu.
- Has working knowledge of Google Suite products like Google Docs and Google Sheet.
- Able to ask for and take feedback to improve work submitted.
- Willing to learn new things and be resourceful to find ways to make it work, including asking for help when needed.
- Able to turn in work within one to two days.
- Has a keen sense of good design for social media content.
- Experience in using Facebook Creator Studio, Youtube Studio and Telegram channel is a plus.
- Opportunities to work on projects in collaboration with major local and international entities.
- Access to personal and professional development opportunities.
- Impact communities throughout Malaysia through social media.
- Work with a fast-paced, innovative and supportive team to empower teachers and students for a better Malaysia.
- Be part of a team that focuses on growth mindset and celebrates each others’ wins.
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package based on prior experience.
- Visit www.canva.com and create a poster about yourself and your skills. Or remake one of the visuals on @arusacademy Instagram using your own creativity. Email your poster and resume to . See you soon! 🙂
Internship Duration: 3 months and above
Monthly Allowance: > RM500